Practical case study
Participants take active part in the workshop and are guided by a tutor in performing all calculations. Invest for Excel® software is used for solving practical cases.
- Creating an investment model step-by-step
- Focus on Capital Expenditures and depreciation methods
- Modelling incomes and costs
- Working capital analysis
- Cash-flow statement
- Balance sheet analysis
- Profitability analysis, including the capital budgeting techniques such as NPV, IRR, MIRR, Payback, RONA, EVA, DCVA.
- Sensitivity analysis; What-if analysis, Spider chart, Tornado chart
- Finding break-even
- Charts and reports
- Investments comparison techniques
- Investments consolidation
- Margin calculation - Showing difference between before and after investment
- Creation of investment proposal
- You will learn the differences in evaluating a new investment vs. a re-investment
The aim of this workshop is to give you a basic knowledge on how to create a cash flow-based model for investment feasibility studies using Invest for Excel® software. The participants will actively take part in all calculations. You will be introduced to all steps of investment calculation and profitability analysis. You will see the best framework for organizing your calculation and you will get basic understanding on how various investment elements affect the profitability ratios, profit and loss account, cash flow statement, working capital and balance sheet. You will learn to interpret the profitability reports and perform sensitivity analysis. You will also learn to recognize which parameters of your investment are the most sensitive and involve the most risk. During the training the techniques how to compare or consolidate various investment projects will be covered. We will also give a focus on how to create a margin calculation. The margin calculation answers the question whether it is better to keep a status quo scenario or to change it. The profitability ratios refer to just the difference between status quo and changed scenario. You will also be introduced to the financing module, where you can define the financing scheme for your investment. Finally, we will show you the best templates for creating the investment appraisal, which can be used in your company or externally when you need to motivate your investment in a professional way.
In summary, you will learn how to create investment models and how to analyse them using the best frameworks of Invest for Excel® software in a practical way.
The training is focused on conducting real investment case studies. All participants actively take part in workshop and make all calculations individually, guided by a tutor.
Each participant receives certificate of completion of the workshop on financial modelling for investment appraisals.
- Basic knowledge of Excel.
Results of the workshop
- you quickly become familiar with basic concepts and terminology used in capital budgeting
- you will know all performance indicators and how to analyze them
- you know how to create an investment calculation in Invest for Excel®
- you know how to use the basic features of Invest for Excel®
- you are able to perform capital investment analysis independently
- you have know-how to assess the best investment alternative and take a right decision
- you know how to create a professional investment proposal.
Participants will adopt listed learning outcomes through lectures, practical exercises, discussion, individual work with the help of other participants and lecturers.
We provide practical investment appraisal cases to be solved. The cases are solved hands-on by all participants under the teacher’s guidance. All participants work on computer and use Invest for Excel.
- 1 day
The prices differ across countries, therefore please ask for your local price from [email protected] Thank you!
The workshops are free for customers with 20% and 25% maintenance agreement.
How to register?
You can register by:
Phone: +358 19 54 10 100
Fax: +358 19 54 10 111