I. Theoretical introduction
- Introduction to cash flow-based models for business planning
- Methods and performance ratios used in profitability analysis
II. Practical case study
Participants take active part in a workshop and are guided by a tutor in performing all calculations.
- Setting-up cash flow-based model step-by-step
- Focus on depreciation methods
- Income and costs modeling
- Cash-flow analysis
- Balance sheet analysis
- Working capital analysis
- Profitability analysis, performance ratios (RONA, EVA, DCVA, NPV, VALUE IN USE)
- Sensitivity analysis
- Finding break-even
- Investments calculations & investment decisions
- Projects consolidation techniques
- Margin calculation
The aim of this workshop is to give you a basic knowledge on how to create a cash flow-based model for business planning purpose using Invest for Excel® software. The participants will actively take part in all calculations. You will be introduced to the numerical aspect of business planning. You will see the best framework for organizing your financial statements and you will get basic understanding on how various business elements affect the profitability ratios, profit and loss account, cash flow statement, working capital and balance sheet.
You will learn interpreting the profitability reports and perform sensitivity analysis. You will also learn to recognize which parameters of your business are the most sensitive and involve the most risk. During the training the techniques how to compare or consolidate various projects will be covered. We will also give a focus on how to create a margin calculation. The margin calculation answers the question whether it is better to keep a status quo scenario or to change it. In the margin calculation the performance ratios refer to just the difference between status quo and changed scenario.
You will also be introduced to the financing module, where you can define the financing for your business.
In summary, you will learn how to create cash-flow based models of your business, to generate the financial statements and how to analyze your business using the best frameworks of Invest for Excel® software in a practical way.
The training is focused on business planning. All participants actively take part in workshop and make all calculations individually, guided by a tutor.
Each participant receives certificate of completion of the workshop on building cash flow models for business planning studies.
- Basic knowledge of Excel.
Results of the workshop
- you quickly become familiar with basic concepts and terminology used in cash flow modeling
- you will know all performance indicators and how to analyze them
- you know how to create financial statements in Invest for Excel
- you know how to use the basic features of Invest for Excel
- you are able to perform investment analysis independently
- you have know-how to assess the best investment alternative and take a right decision
- you know how to create a budget for your business with Invest or Excel
- you have the knowledge and the tool to plan financing.
- 1 day
Workshop per 1 day: 670 EUR
Workshop package per 2 consecutive days: 1120 EUR
Minimum number of attendees per workshop: 4
Prices do not include VAT.
The workshops are free for customers with 20% and 25% maintenance agreement.
How to register?
You can register by:
Phone: +358 19 54 10 100